Sunday, February 10, 2008

Belonging

So many blessing in my life. Why am I surprised? I’ve been consistently concentrating on positive vibrations for the past several weeks and am suddenly seeing the manifestation of some of my dreams. Doors are opening and the good stuff that has been waiting for me, is now rushing in.

What’s been happening?

I’m teaching a weekly Stress Reduction class at the Senior Center that includes all my favorites: dance, Breema, drumming, breathing exercises, energy work and whatever other zany activity that pops into my head.

I’m being sent to take a free two-day class in The Dalles, where I will learn how to become an instructor of Tai Chi. My training will happen in April, so I’ll be ready to teach in May. We're tossing around the possibility of having Tai Chi in the park this summer.

Dollmaking continues to inspire my life, along with quilt making and other fiber arts. Deanna Hogan, a national dollmaker is scheduled to teach a three-day workshop in Moro this May.

My sketching and journaling online group continues to engage and inspire me each day.

Our Sherman County Cultural Coalition (for which I am Chairperson again this year) has geared up for our fourth year of doling out local grants for arts and culture. Though it entails a fair amount of dedication and work, it’s hugely satisfying to be part of encouraging and supporting the county in such a creative cause.

I’m finally enjoying regular trades with a skilled massage therapist in The Dalles. This, after several years of almost no trades at all.

I attended a fabulous party in town this evening. An Open House for our new (male) Nurse Practitioner and his wife, who recently moved here to staff our Clinic. Eddie and Kathy (Jan’s aunt and uncle) performed an informal gig for the comfortable sized crowd. On my way home, I counted my blessings again, realizing how much at home I'm feeling here.

The Law of Attraction continues to shower me with good feelings. I'm beginning to know what it’s like to truly belong. Not just in Moro, but on this beautiful planet.

No comments: