
About all I’ve been able to concentrate on since Jan’s emergency hospital happening three days ago, is my sketchbook. Last night I watched the Oscars on TV while doodling and creating this sketch. My sketching keeps me focused and grounded during the hospital daze. Plus, the resulting pictures interest and satisfy me.
Being part of Jan’s life over the past couple years, as she slowly slides downward in her health, has been such a growing opportunity. It has forced me to find the stability, kindness, acceptance and love I’ve expected from her, from within my own SELF.
In the mornings, I sit in a special meditation corner in the bedroom. I first embrace and hug my own self, with gentleness and kindness. This often brings tears to my eyes, because I feel so much love pouring into me. It comforts and calms my spirit. It has been my own deeper, higher Self, who sustains and nurtures me during these times. It has been this eternal, God-mirroring Self that has always been with me, from the moment of my birth on this planet. I feel her presence more and more.
Jan’s illness has taught me to “Be there” for myself”, as I move through my days. A quotation that I read somewhere expresses it best: “We are the ones we have been waiting for. “
Being part of Jan’s life over the past couple years, as she slowly slides downward in her health, has been such a growing opportunity. It has forced me to find the stability, kindness, acceptance and love I’ve expected from her, from within my own SELF.
In the mornings, I sit in a special meditation corner in the bedroom. I first embrace and hug my own self, with gentleness and kindness. This often brings tears to my eyes, because I feel so much love pouring into me. It comforts and calms my spirit. It has been my own deeper, higher Self, who sustains and nurtures me during these times. It has been this eternal, God-mirroring Self that has always been with me, from the moment of my birth on this planet. I feel her presence more and more.
Jan’s illness has taught me to “Be there” for myself”, as I move through my days. A quotation that I read somewhere expresses it best: “We are the ones we have been waiting for. “

No comments:
Post a Comment