
The instructions for today’s sketch: Draw a table. I started out with a line drawing of the table beside me, minus the two dolls sitting on top. Where I ended up was an all out frenzy of lines, colored pencil and anything but the kitchen sink. This Sketch-a-day mission I’ve been on for the past couple weeks is letting loose a part of me that is as much fun as ever! Somewhere along the line, I’ve tossed my self-consciousness about whether I can draw or not and taken on a freedom that is exhilarating. I start out and then let go of the control and fears. Whatever comes next is usually a surprise to the judgmental, critical, better-walk-the-straight-line part of me. By the time I’m finished, I feel as pumped up as if I’ve run up at least five or six hills and back. Or done several laps in the pool. Or danced a loosey-goosey dance or two. Today, after I let loose, I had a wow of a drawing and a goody-goody time doing it.

1 comment:
I can imagine you starting out carefully drwing a nice table, then slowly letting the creative spirit take over. It's a great piece of work.
Post a Comment