
“Today I am me,
and I'm freer than free .
There is no one alive who is me-er than me”
One of my daydreams. . . visions. . .secret hopes. . .has come true. Often, I wish I could dance. Don a colorful, drapey skirt; hang dangly earrings on both ear lobes; grab my drum and DANCE. When I say dance, I mean the whirling, swirling, leaping and twirling kind of freeform movement, that is seldom allowed on any regular dance floor. Especially when the dancer wants to go it alone. Without a partner. Lose herself in a frenzy of deep breathing, flowing and glowing from inside out kind of trance of soul. I have also missed sharing in some kind of drumming group. Or Story-Chanting group. A group that shares dancing, drumming, deep breathing, laughing and sometimes crying kind of body-mind-spirit on this earth.
Our Wisdom Circle hasn’t been meeting this year, like it did last year. At our house. Everyone got “too busy”. Terrible excuse. So we left a hole in the place where we used to meet and celebrate.While we all got back to work and serious stuff.
So, when one of my clients told me last week that the Sr.Center was looking for someone to lead a dance/exercise/whatever class, I jumped at the chance.YES! Yes! Yes.
Several days later I whisked myself down to the Sagewind Center to talk to the director. Not only was she waiting for me with a smile, but she signed me up to take a Tai Chi class for Teachers in The Dalles. Free. A two day class, where I’ll learn how to teach Tai Chi, an adapted form for folks with restrictions. Perfect. Of course, then I’ll add Tai Chi to the menu of offerings in my weekly class.
Life can be a delicious roll. Thank you, Universe! Thank you, wonderful Moro people, who awakened and who dragged me out of my winter shell!
Thank you, Me. Which reminds me of a Dr. Seuss poem that fits my mood. . .
“Today I am me,
and I'm freer than free .
There is no one alive who is me-er than me”
and I'm freer than free .
There is no one alive who is me-er than me”
One of my daydreams. . . visions. . .secret hopes. . .has come true. Often, I wish I could dance. Don a colorful, drapey skirt; hang dangly earrings on both ear lobes; grab my drum and DANCE. When I say dance, I mean the whirling, swirling, leaping and twirling kind of freeform movement, that is seldom allowed on any regular dance floor. Especially when the dancer wants to go it alone. Without a partner. Lose herself in a frenzy of deep breathing, flowing and glowing from inside out kind of trance of soul. I have also missed sharing in some kind of drumming group. Or Story-Chanting group. A group that shares dancing, drumming, deep breathing, laughing and sometimes crying kind of body-mind-spirit on this earth.
Our Wisdom Circle hasn’t been meeting this year, like it did last year. At our house. Everyone got “too busy”. Terrible excuse. So we left a hole in the place where we used to meet and celebrate.While we all got back to work and serious stuff.
So, when one of my clients told me last week that the Sr.Center was looking for someone to lead a dance/exercise/whatever class, I jumped at the chance.YES! Yes! Yes.
Several days later I whisked myself down to the Sagewind Center to talk to the director. Not only was she waiting for me with a smile, but she signed me up to take a Tai Chi class for Teachers in The Dalles. Free. A two day class, where I’ll learn how to teach Tai Chi, an adapted form for folks with restrictions. Perfect. Of course, then I’ll add Tai Chi to the menu of offerings in my weekly class.
Life can be a delicious roll. Thank you, Universe! Thank you, wonderful Moro people, who awakened and who dragged me out of my winter shell!
Thank you, Me. Which reminds me of a Dr. Seuss poem that fits my mood. . .
“Today I am me,
and I'm freer than free .
There is no one alive who is me-er than me”

2 comments:
Orice I am so glad you are you
and the peple at the senior place are so lucky that you are you. I want to join. you will inspire t hem all to dance and play. you are blessed
Your class sounds terrific! I wish I were close enough to join in, but I will enjoy imagining myself part of the group. Isn't it wonderful how life brings what you need?
Post a Comment